10 December 2010

Dreaming in this reality

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where something needed to happen very quickly, and for that to come to pass, a bunch of other things needed to come together?  And suddenly, as though someone had prepared the way for you, everything you needed to happen just happened, almost magically?  People you needed to talk to suddenly appeared or called you, events were cancelled leaving you with time to care for other pieces, and so on?

This happened to me recently.  It was a remarkable experience - so remarkable, in fact, that I remarked upon it to a mentor in the situation.  She said, essentially, it happened that way because you dreamed it into being that way.

That is a stretch for me.  And yet, it is certainly within the milieu of spiritual and personal growth, and/or pop culture (see, for example, Sweet Medicine SunDance Path Course of Study The Art of Dreaming, or Carlos Castaneda's The Art of Dreaming, or Harvey Mackay's Control Your Reality in Dreams).

I've experienced other instances of this, being at the right place at the right time for something perfect to happen. And in previous years I would probably have said, simply, sweet coincidence!  Now I'm not so sure.  I have a sense that there is some kind of interconnection between all things, which makes it possible either for me to know (at some still subconscious level) how to put myself in those situations, or for me to influence movements so that the situations are possible.

What do you think?  Have you experienced this?  Think the idea is ridiculous?

1 comment:

  1. I suggest Florinda Donner's "Being in dreaming"
    and this is a little medicine gift:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9HFYNITCSs
    In beauty
    Luca Jaguar of the Moon

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your provocative comments and questions. However, we will not post comments that are derogatory, defamatory, and/or uncivil.